Dear Humanities Students,
If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. Students submitted their "What are the Humanities? Why are the Humanities important to study?" papers. We discussed the official definition for "HUMANITIES," and the FIVE reasons why someone should study them. Please obtain this information from someone else in class.
2. Journal #2 entitled "What is Art?" Students watched a clip from the movie Mona Lisa Smile pertaining the subject of "WHAT IS ART." Then they were shown several different images of different forms of art and asked to give their initial impression of each piece and whether or not what they were looking should be considered art. YOU WILL NEED TO VISIT WITH ME, and I RECOMMEND STOPPING BY DURING A FLEX SESSION, so that you can make-up the journal entry.
3. We continued by discussing everyone's point of view regarding the journal entry.
1. Student's "Adaptive Art" work is due on Wednesday.
2. Please read the section on your handout entitled "What are the Humanities?" regarding Darwin.
I look forward to seeing you on WED.