Let's review, shall we.....The Minoan and Mycenaean Cultures
#1. Journal #5 (PART 1): Minoan and Mycenaean Cultures
Let's review regarding the Minoan culture........
1. We know that the Minoans were highly advanced. Include three aspects regarding their society which indicate this.
2. How do we know so much about the Minoan culture, especially when we haven't been able to decipher their writing.
3. Explain the connection between the "bull jumping ceremony" and the myth regarding "Theseus and the Minotaur."
4. How did the Minoan culture feel about women. Justify your response.
5. Explain the connection to Plato's "Atlantis" and the Minoan culture.
6. What caused the decline of the Minoan culture.
7. Indicate similarities and differences between the Mycenaean and Minoan culture.
8. What animal did the Minoans value and what did it symbolize to them?
9. What animal did the Mycenaean Greeks value and what did it symbolize to them?
PART 2: "Points of Interests about Minoan Culture"
Please refer back to your annotations regarding the Minoan culture. What aspects of interest did you identify? Did you identify any other colors? If so, identify them and explain your notations..
3. We continued discussing Athens, Olympia, Sparta and Macedonia
1. Please read pages 3-14 in your book.
2. Notate, using all your colors, 20 notations total concerning the introductory information about Greece.