Dear Humanities Kids,
If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. I explained the "CER" (Cultural Event Report) assignment to each student. We discussed how this assignment is organized and the expectations for it. In essence, you are selecting a piece of art (drama, musical, actual still, foreign film, symphony) to review. Your focus will pertain to the five elements of design. You will select three for your area of focus, making your essay five paragraphs in length.
2. I also returned your "Artist's Intent" responses. We reviewed the elements for ACADEMIC VOICE. If you initially completed the assignment, then I ask that you revise the one I returned to you today. If you do so, then 10 points will be added to your first score. In addition, you will receive 75 points for the "revision assignment"
3. We then started our introduction to GREECE by beginning with the Minoan culture. You will need to obtain the handout that was given to each student regarding our Greece discussion. It is located in the "Humanities" make-up box. Each student viewed some images from a power point in association with the Minoan culture.
1. Revision for "Artist's Intent" paper due on Friday, February 17th!
2. Please read the information regarding the Minoan culture, Classical Greece and Alexander the Great for Wednesday. Annotate/Notate each section, using ALL YOUR COLORS, 4-5/section