1. We completed the god chart.
2. I showed images of the gods, and the students practiced identifying them.
3. For those of you that missed the Greek names, Roman names, Symbols and Domains I have included this information for you below.
Athena, Minerva, owl/breast plate/olive tree/spear/helmet, Wisdom and Strategy
Hephaestus, Vulcan, fire/hammer/anvil/tongs/ god of invention and creativity
Aphrodite, Venus, Doves/Roses/ sign of three/goddess of love and sex
Ares, Mars,skull/ helmet/dogs/sword/spear/shield,god of war and carnage
1. Test covering Greek Gods on FRIDAY! You will see pictures of the Greek gods, and I will ask that you identify the god via their symbols.
2. Locate an Internet source detailing the art work associated with your god. This needs to be annotated/notated 7-10/pgs/all your colors.
3. Your "Mythology in Art" response is due on Tuesday, March 13th! Please follow the example included with your explanation.
4. CER #1 is due on Wednesday, March 21st! Start thinking about this NOW, cute kids
PRACTICE QUIZ for Friday's Quiz
Please identify the god by their Greek and Roman names, symbols not shown and domains (include all of them if they have more than one.) Some of the images depict all the symbols so identify the gods' Greek and Roman names along with their domains. I apologize that some of the images are slightly blurry. No clue????????