Let's review, shall we.....The Minoan and Mycenaean Cultures
#1. Journal #5: Minoan and Mycenaean Cultures
Let's review regarding the Minoan culture........
1. We know that the Minoans were highly advanced. Include three aspects regarding their society which indicate this.
2. How do we know so much about the Minoan culture, especially when we haven't been able to decipher their writing.
3. Explain the connection between the "bull jumping ceremony" and the myth regarding "Theseus and the Minotaur."
4. How did the Minoan culture feel about women. Justify your response.
5. Explain the connection to Plato's "Atlantis" and the Minoan culture.
6. What caused the decline of the Minoan culture.
7. Indicate similarities and differences between the Mycenaean and Minoan culture.
8. What animal did the Mycenaean Greeks value and what did it symbolize to them?
#2. We continued with our discussion regarding ancient Greece, specifically the city state of Athens.
#3. We discussed the importance of learning to the ancient Athenians.
#4. We then proceeded to complete the "PLATE DANCE." It was great fun, but I do apologize for those of you that were hit by the glass.
1. Please read and annotate/notate pages 24-36 in your Mythology book by Edith Hamilton. This is due on MONDAY.
2. The handout and research regarding your Greek god is due on WED. Please let me know if you need assistance with your assignment.