Wednesday, September 29, 2010

If you missed class on Wednesday, September 29....

Dear Humanities Students.

If you  missed class we completed the following:

1. We completed the god chart.
2. I showed images of the gods, and the students practiced identifying them.
3. I then explained a research assignment. Each student selected a partner, and then "pulled from the hat" the name of an "influential" Greek. Your assignment involves researching that influential character and then developing a power point (minimum of eight slides). I will do my best to post the assignment, but at the present moment the post is not working. I will place the explanation outside the room, so you  can obtain the information.

BONNIE and ARI you are partners. The Greek character you need to research is called Phidias. I have also included some "start" information in order to assist you with your research. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
4. I gave everyone their first two vocabulary words: POLYTHEIST and PAGAN
Please visit with someone else in class regarding the definitions.

HOMEWORK:
1. Quiz on Friday covering the gods (Greek, Roman, Symbols and Domains). Please refer to the blog for a practice quiz.
2. Please annotate the article I gave regarding the practice of worshipping the Greek gods. I place extra copies outside the room. Please have 5-8 annotations.
3. Read the additional source I gave you for your "Greek Influential" character. Please annotate the text.
4. You will go to the library on Friday to work on the Power point. Make sure you KNOW your character.

PRACTICE QUIZ for Friday's Quiz
Please identify the god by their Greek and Roman names, symbols not shown  and domains (include all of them if they have more than one.)

1.


2.


3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.
10.

11.

12.

13.