If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. We reviewed the three different forms of Greek architecture and the Archaic and Classical forms concerning Greek sculpture. We then completed Hellenistic sculpture. Hellenistic sculpture is characterized as expressing more emotion, both facially and physically.
2. We continued with an introduction to the Greek Pantheon. The gods will not appear on the "Quest" scheduled for Monday. However, I would suggest that you begin reviewing his information; your quiz covering the Olympians will take place on Wed., September 29th.
1. Please read "Theseus and the Minotaur" pgs. 155-165 in your book.
2. Create flashcards for your "quest" on Monday.
3. Study for your "quest," which will cover the introductory information concerning Greece
Guys, you SHOULD NOT use your notes for this. Clearly we have an integrity issue here, as I am not sitting next to you at the moment. Use the practice quiz as a pre-test! Cut and paste the following questions into a Word document, and then respond to them from there. Good Luck!
1.Explain the basis for the "Theseus and the Minotaur" myth's significance to the Minoan culture?
2. Why was the Mycenaean culture so "interested" in the Minoan culture?
3. Why do historians believe that the "lost city of Atlantis" and the Minoan culture are connected to each other?
4. What type of artwork is this piece?
16. Explain in writing the difference between Hellenistic sculpture and the other two types.