Dear Humanities Kids,
If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. Journal #10 "All Roads Lead to Rome"
The above quote is a metaphor. Tell what you think it means! What have you found interesting about the information shared with you concerning Roman culture. In addition, refer to your notations for today, and tell me what you found interesting from each section ("Constantine," "Fall of Rome," and "Pompeii"). I can't wait to hear from you.
2. We continued with our discussion concerning the architectural structure known as a "basilica."
3. We then reviewed three pieces of Roman literature;
a. "Pygmalion" by Ovid
b. "Edict of Milan" issued by Constantine
c. "Cupid and Psyche" by Ovid (we did not complete reading this in class, so it was assigned as homework)
1. "Ithaca Personalized" is due on Friday.
2. "Quest" regarding Rome will occur on Friday.
3. Complete reading "Cupid and Psyche" for Friday
4. CER #2 is due on Friday, Dec. 17th
INFORMATION about QUEST:
1. Questions 1-10 are short answer question concerning the following topics:
d. Ovid and Virgil
e. Edict of Milan/Constantine
2. Questions 11-20 pertain to the difference between Greek and Roman concepts concerning support systems, columns, artistic subjects, trademark forms, and preferred structure.
3. Questions 21-32 pertain to images you will see concerning Roman architecture, art, and myths.
4. Questions 33-34 pertain to Rome's decline and Byzantium.
I hope this helps! This is the best I can do with my time constraints.